Friday, June 12, 2009

Successful SS 1000

I Made It!!!

A successful SS 1000 to Mitchell Indiana. It was heavy rains most of the way, and then couple that with the riding all night and I made quite a few stops after midnight.

Total elapsed time ended up being 23 hours, so I used most of my available time. I did pretty good the first 6 hours but as the rain moved in newar Newburg NY, and then stayed with me all the way to Akron Ohio, I started to lose time. It was heavy at times and the truck traffic just put up a spray to blind the rider from seeing the road more that a few feet... I naturally slowed down.

Good ride overall and upon my arrival, I found Barb Smith to sign my witness sheet. Barb had done a SS herself the previous day!

Next up, Labrador and the TLH!

Pat in NH

No comments: