Saturday, May 9, 2009

Installing the Bar Risers

Mentioning comfort... I am also sending my seat out for a little work. That actually will go out onMonday to Spencer in Florida. There are surely other better options but they are all so pricey... Everyone I know who has a Spencer Mod at least says it was improved... No, it will never rival a Renaczo or Russell, but for the price I am anticipating it will be enough improvement.. If I want to ride 1000 miles a day, I am takingthe Wing...

Now to the bar riser...here are the simple parts.....




First .. removed the 4 screws holding the plastic housing with the ABS and Hazard flash switches...Then I removed the 4 bolts from the cap on the bars...

At this point the bar (according to the directions) just lifts off... Not Mine!! I was at my 2nd job last night when I started. I had nothing to try and knock it off. The parts are cast aluminum and I did not want to pry for fear of cracking them.I dropped a note to 2TTW for his opinion and he was thinking making just some corrosion.I suggested a mallet maybe to tap them off and he concurred, so I put it all back together and roadhome late at night.Today,I took it all apart again.... it still would not loosen, so I went and got the "persuader"



I tapped at the bars with little to no success, so then I tapped the caps from the side. I got them loosenedbut the bar still would not lift out.With the caps removed, I was able to tap on the right side of the bar, it broke loose and then the left followed..


Disassembly is complete...
Next up, I will put it all back together......
Pat in NH

No comments: